Did you know that behind a depressed there is an optimistic origin?
Depression is the result of being excited lot with something and not have succeeded.
Have you ever happened to you wanting something to happen, and ultimately depressed because they do not happen as you expected or even not even happen?
This depression may be related:
- With the rest
- With the world
Take an example of each of them to clarify.
4 Types of Depression
Depression relationship with yourself:
1. When your ideas and beliefs tell you that “something is wrong with you” or “you have the jinx” or “Starry born.”
It’s like if you had a black glasses and everything in your life what you see through them.
So you live in a world without color.
2. When during a time of your life and you succeeded, something happened that changed your luck.
For example, you lost a good job, the couple that you broke, you had an accident and could no longer do more sport, etc.
In this case, you started with glasses of colors and, from a certain point, you got dark glasses.
Depression in relation to others:
3. In this case, the betrayal of a particular person or group, abandoning your partner or death of a loved one, can lead to a state of depression.
Just for clarification: all grieving goes through a process in which sadness is part of the way. In the above example, they might have been 10 years, and further depressed person.
Depression in relation to the world:
4. A person who has had several heartbreaks, is depressed because he feels betrayed by love.
But imagine now, these people BEFORE their depression:
The person who believes he was born starry, always wanted to get things done. At first he flattered and fought for what I wanted, but had difficulties to get it. At one moment he stopped struggling and settled.
The person who succeeds in his work and then fired. He could never accept losing that chance, because his dream was to reach the top.
The person who was abandoned by her partner, eager to create their own family, but could not get it and sank.
And, after accumulating failure after failure, the person who wanted to have a relationship in the end, became angry with the world and with love.
All these people have one thing in common:
The initial enthusiasm
And the subsequent disillusionment
Which will take you all to the wrong solution:
Consequence of surrender, is depression.
What to do about depression?
The first thing to do is to ACCEPT that you did not get what you wanted, what illusions you. Accept the “failure” or the pain of not having succeeded.
And then, once accepted, you have to give a space.
Depression is accompanied by a lot of feelings that are not to be denied. But neither they are to be allowed to spill over and grab us.
I want to leave you a video that may already have seen (or may not), but it’s worth seeing, because it helps you visually understand what happens to a person with depression, and gives you some valid advice to overcome.
It is also important to block the responses of care and protection, family and friends, to the depressed person.
Because, although our best intentions, we want to help whenever we protect, we are helping to keep it in his “state”.
In short, you have some tactics: both explained in the article, as set forth in the video.
14 tactics that can help you overcome depression:
- Accept your initial enthusiasm and your subsequent disillusionment
- Realize that was the surrender, what led you to depression
- Take off your dark glasses that do not allow you to see the world of colors
- Accept the pain, do not try to hide
- Date spaces to express what you feel
- Learn to relax and calm your mind
- Make yourself at first to get regular exercise
- You can keep a journal, if that helps you get from you, all the negativity
- Change the complaint gratitude
- Evaluate and simplify your life
- Accepts the problems and difficulties that life presents you, do not try to outrun them
- Stop asking others take care of you, protect you and you comforted
- Calls professional help if you do not rough
- Behave “as if” you did not have any problems
Remember also that the action changes the feeling and, as a result, a change in thinking and perception occurs. So start acting.
If you think this post can give some light to others, feel free to share.