Do you often reward yourself or grant yourself personal prizes for your dedication?
How often do you value yourself and the things you do?
It doesn’t matter if it’s due to big achievements or small daily things, because both are important and you need to recognize and value your effort and dedication.
This type of personal valuation won’t only give you a nice time, I will also increase your self-esteem, because you’ll appreciate something about yourself, about your way of doing things or acting, and reward yourself for it.
So today I want to contribute with my grain of sand by giving you some ideas and by challenging you to commit to write down the reward or personal award that you’re going to give yourself TODAY in the comments.
Mainly, it should be simple and not require too much “money”, so you can’t make up excuses and say… “it’s too expensive” or “I can’t afford it”.
List of personal rewards or prizes
1. Give yourself a hands/feet massage or wherever you need it
2. Leave everything you’re doing and spend 30 minutes reading a good book/magazine/article… whatever you want.
3. Dance until you’re exhausted
4. Sing until you’re hoarse
5. Spend some guilt-free time surfing your favorite channels or anywhere on the internet that amuses you
6. Watch 1 episode of a series that you like
7. Find something to watch, hear, or do that amuses you and that you enjoy
8. Organize a movie marathon at home
9. Call a friend
10. Set up and arrange a long date, just for two
11. Buy yourself a small present: a pen, a notepad…
12. Paint or draw for 30 minutes
13. Go for a walk in nature
14. Watch your favorite TV show
15. Take a day off. If it can be a weekday, even better.
16. Lie on the grass and look at the clouds and try to figure out their shapes
17. Arrange a meeting with your favorite people and have a good time
18. Take a bath with salts, incense, candles and background music
19. Have breakfast, lunch or dinner somewhere nice
20. Spend 15 minutes in front of the mirror saying positive things
21. Sign up for a free class or watch a video to learn more about your hobby.
22. Watch an entire season of your favorite show
23. Give someone a surprise
25. Expand your hobby’s equipment you with a new accessory
26. Change your style, do you dare to do your hair or dress differently?
27. Do a picnic or day trip somewhere nice
28. Cook something that you love (e.g. a dessert, your favorite food…)
29. Paint mandalas for 30 minutes
30. Go to a specific place where you can watch the sunrise or sunset
What else can you think of? Can you help me complete this list with your own suggestions?
And, what’s your commitment for TODAY?
Well, mine for today is giving myself a hand massage. When I do that I always enjoy it, but I don’t do it often.
And I’ll ask for one more thing.
Once you decide what reward or prize you’re going to give yourself, you’ll also tell yourself what you want to value from yourself, from what you’ve done, from your dedication to something… etc. TODAY.
For example, TODAY I’m going to give myself a hand massage because I want to value and recognize my dedication to this blog. I know that I’m investing a lot of time, money and energy in it and I want to reward myself for it.
I’d love to know what you think!
What reward or prize are you going to give yourself TODAY and why?
Write it in the comments.